Friday, November 7, 2014

Halfway there

We finally found that Route 66 diner we were seeking in Winslow, AZ.  There we were, standing on a corner . . . when a girl in a flatbed Ford told us where we could get a great breakfast right across the street, and boy was she right!


As we reach the halfway point on this cross-country adventure, we thought we'd post some random observations and some photos from yesterday's drive (big driving day--Flagstaff, AZ to Amarillo, TX!):

Owen:  "Fun fact--New Mexico has these fireworks stores that are open year-round, and it has lava from volcanoes that used to be active, which means I will never live here."

Samuel:  "The farther east we go, the smaller the urinals are."

Ava:  "The margaritas in Texas are A-MAAAAAZ-ING!!"

Eric:  "It's very difficult to find a Starbuck's when dragging a trailer."

Spike:  "My family seemed really upset in Flagstaff when they came out to the car and found that the rear hatch had opened and I wasn't inside the car.  I may be a dog, but I'm not crazy . . . I wasn't about to go wandering off and get left behind! Some nice man came up and decided to tie me to the tongue of our U-Haul trainer anyway, just in case.  I don't know what all the fuss was about, but boy, was my family happy to see me!"

We'll close this entry with some photos of the beautiful scenery on the drive:





No comments:

Post a Comment